Header Ads


Breaking News
recent

Joke Silva reflects on her wedding night with Olu Jacobs



Nollywood veteran actress, Joke Silva in a new interview with Punch talked about her wedding night with her husband, Olu Jacobs.

Excerpts below;

In what year did you get married?

I got married on November 16, 1985.

What was most memorable about your wedding day?

After getting dressed and was about leaving for the church service, my mum called me to her room and prayed for me and I still remember every word of the prayer. Funny enough, I didn’t cry until when she started crying while I was leaving later in the night and her tears made me cry too.

Usually, the bride is always known to be late, were you late to church on your wedding day?

I wasn’t early to church; I was right there on time but my husband was two hours late. I didn’t have a sleepless night because I slept very well.

Was your wedding gown bought in the country?

Yes, my wedding gown was made in Nigeria. It was aso-oke. I got married in Lagos. I didn’t have a white wedding because I was not a fan. I wore a blue dress made from aso-oke and lace.

Can you share with us how you spent your wedding night?

Well, yes I slept alone because they were all out partying and I was too tired to stay up with him. I had to sleep early. Although he later came in to sleep next to me, I didn’t even notice when he came in because I was fast asleep. The stress of the day wore me out. I woke up and saw him next to me.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.